Main questions in fundamental projects :
- How different fates of muscle and heart cells are acquired ?
- How Adult Muscle Precursors (AMPs) acquire their dormant state ?
- How AMPs are reactivated ?
- How muscle niche regulate AMPs behavior ?
Genetic control of muscle and heart cells development
Examples of our recent findings
- Genetic control of muscle type-specific myoblast fusion
Code of identity genes and their downstream targets determine number of fusion events during myogenesis and the size of resulting muscles
Bataillé et al., Dev Cell, 2010, de Joussineau et al., Curr Top Dev Biol, 2012
- Role of metabolism in muscle development : Glycolysis promotes myoblast fusion
Glycolytic genes are activated by Insulin pathway during muscle development and required for switching metabolism and for promoting myoblast fusion both in Drosophila and in vertebrates (zebrafish).
Glycolytic mutants display a “thin muscle phenotype” Tixier et al., PNAS, 2013
- Muscle niche is required for the reactivation of dormant Adult Muscle Precursor cells
Aradhya, Zmojdzian et al., Elife, 2015
Current fundamental projects:
A systems-level cell-specific view of muscle and heart cell diversification processes